Same-day delivery now available nationwide! Learn more.
Keto-curious meal plan
Friday, Mar. 4, 2022
The increasingly popular keto diet generally features foods that are high in fat, protein-focused and low in carbs. If you want to test it out, we’ve mixed up some of our popular dishes in keto-friendly ways for a yummy introduction.
When it comes to keto meals, lean chicken breasts and rich, smoky bacon are perennial faves, especially in winning dinner-size salads. Tomatoey, comforting shakshuka is another keto champ, but we take ours a step further with juicy, rich meatballs. And our Cauliflower Gratin gets a makeover with some ground beef and extra cheese, turning it into a delicious Cheeseburger Gratin. Here are four simple takes on keto-friendly eating.
A fresh start to the week
- 4 M&M Food Market Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- Chopped cooked bacon
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Sliced avocado
- Red onion
- M&M Food Market Buttermilk Dill Dipping Sauce
- Half of 1 lemon
- Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts according to package instructions; set aside to cool.
- Place 4 cups mixed salad greens in large shallow bowl; top with sliced chicken, chopped cooked bacon, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and thinly sliced red onion.
- Drizzle with Buttermilk Dill Dipping Sauce and the juice of half a lemon; toss to serve.
A cheesy weekday delight
Cheeseburger Cauliflower Gratin
Serves: 4 to 6Ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Cauliflower Gratin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sauté 1 lb ground beef until no longer pink.
- Spoon cooked beef on top of Cauliflower Gratin and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 mins.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese; return to oven for 5 more mins.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded iceberg lettuce and diced tomatoes. Serve with pickles, mayo and mustard.
A warm, hearty dish on Thursday
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cup of sliced red or yellow pepper
- 2 tbsps of feta cheese
- 2 cups of canned diced tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of M&M Food Market Sirloin Beef Meatballs
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- In a large high-sided skillet, sauté 1 small white onion, thinly sliced. Add 1 cup sliced red or yellow pepper and sauté until tender, 8 to 10 mins.
- Add 2 cups canned diced tomatoes and 2 cups Sirloin Beef Meatballs; simmer for 15 mins.
- Make 4 wells in tomato mixture, and crack 4 eggs, 1 into each well; simmer for an additional 8 mins or until eggs are opaque.
- Sprinkle with 2 tbsp feta cheese.
- Garnish with chopped fresh herbs to serve.
Wing it on Friday
Spicy Roasted Wings and Greens with Blue Cheese
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings
- 1 package of M&M Food Market Gourmet Floret Medley
- ½ cup of M&M Food Market Original BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups of torn kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of crumbled blue cheese
- Buffalo sauce or hot sauce
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment.
- Spread Honey Barbecue Chicken Wings out on pan.
- Toss Gourmet Floret Medley with ½ cup Original BBQ Sauce; add to sheet pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 mins.
- In a medium bowl, massage 2 cups torn kale with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- At the 20-min mark, remove sheet pan from oven; add kale and return to oven to bake for 10 more mins.
- Remove from oven; drizzle with buffalo sauce or hot sauce, then sprinkle with ½ cup crumbled blue cheese.